Andy is a bass player, singer, and occasional guitarist. He regularly plays with various traditional jazz and swing outfits in New Orleans, where he currently lives.
Head over to the calendar page to see his upcoming gigs. Due to Covid-19, those are on hold for now. Check out Andy’s Instagram page for recent endeavors.
- Transcription: Opening Chorus of Johnny Hodges “On The Sunny Side of the Street”
- Transcription: A Chorus from Arvell Shaw’s bass in Velma Middleton / Louis Armstrong’s “Honeysuckle Rose”
- Transcription: Singin’ The Blues by Bix Beiderbecke | Intro & Frankie T’s 1st Chorus
- Transcription: Jimmy Blanton’s Arco 1st Chorus from his 1940 recording of “Body and Soul” with Duke Ellington
- Transcription: Bunk Johnson’s 1st Chorus Solo from his 1947 “Some of These Days”
- Transcription: Buck Clayton’s Solo from Charlie Christian’s 1940 “Ad Lib Blues”
- Transcription: “Mahogany Hall Stomp” by Pops Foster & Art Hodes
- Transcription: Intro & Outro from Bobby Hackett & Jack Teagarden’s “Muskrat Ramble”
- Transcription: “You’re Gonna See a Lot Of Me” by Billie Holiday w/ Teddy Wilson Orchestra
- Transcription: “It’s Like Reaching For The Moon” by Billie Holiday & Teddy Wilson
Here are some records that Andy has played on. Click to give a listen…